Venezuela opposition suspends talks with government

World


CARACAS (Reuters) – Venezuela’s opposition said on Tuesday it would not attend this week’s planned political dialogue in the Dominican Republic with President Nicolas Maduro’s government as regional guarantors had not been invited.

Luis Florido, lawmaker of the Venezuelan coalition of opposition parties (MUD) talks to the media during a news conference in Caracas, Venezuela, September 16, 2017. REUTERS/Marco Bello

“The international negotiation process cannot go ahead until the foreign ministers are invited,” opposition negotiator Luis Florido told reporters, referring to the potential presence of various Latin American foreign ministers at the talks which had been scheduled for Wednesday.

Reporting by Eyanir Chinea; Writing by Andrew Cawthorne

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Jane Goodall urges U.S. Senate to halt quest for Arctic refuge oil
U.S. government witness in FIFA trial said media companies paid bribes
Court adjourns appeal hearing for U.S. extradition of Russian cyber crime suspect
Seeking to slow climate change, lawsuits look to the constitution
'No fireworks' at NAFTA talks, but few signs of progress

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *